CATS Inc is a small Ipswich based non-profit service which supports young people with disabilities in the transition from school to community life to develop skills, make connections and build interdependent relationships within the community.
CATS offers young adults with disabilities funded under this model a service that:
- Is specialised in supporting people with disabilities in the transition from school to community life
- Works in partnership and collaboration with families
- Is individualised, enabling young people with disabilities to achieve personal goals, skills development and participation in community life
- Provides opportunities for young people with disabilities to access a range of group based learning environments and activities for the ongoing development of key skills and abilities in the journey to adulthood and greater independence
- Promotes genuine community participation and decision making and choice.