CATS Inc has a range of tools and resources to support the learning objectives of young people with disabilities and promote school pride.
Our resources are:
- Fun and engaging
- Developed by trained special education educators
- Addresses Queensland Special School curriculum
- Engages your students in meaningful, real world, community based education
- Easy and affordable.
The production of the resource involves the students of the CATS Inc. Media Course, skilling young people with disabilities.
A School Song project involves a series of guided and facilitated workshops that unpack your schools mission and values with the students and develops lyrics and melody to produce and record your very own unique school song.
- uses a multi-modal approach that caters for the individual communication and learning styles of the students involved to develop and produce their school song
- engages your students and teachers in each stage of the creative and production process
- the workshops provide artistic development for your students.
At the end of the project your school will have it’s very own unique school song created and developed by your students, alongside their teachers.
A school song builds harmony and community pride and ownership as an integral and vital member of the larger broader community. You can use it on a wide range of platforms, such as social media and website, to promote your school and its values and mission.
This project will benefit your students and teaching staff by:
- Increasing school spirit and pride
- Building community pride and a sense of belonging
- Actively building community participation and engagement.
- Boosting student moral, self-confidence and ownership of a school song that they created.
- Creating an expressive form of art that can be performed at various school undertakings (parade, sports carnival, fete etc and Education Queensland events) as well as at broader community events in your area.